Sunday, April 1, 2012

A St. Patrick's Day Wedding

I know I'm a little lot late on posting about St. Patrick's Day, but what can I say? I'm a procrastinator to the core.  The Mr. and I attended a St. Patrick's Day wedding this year.  It's the first holiday wedding we've ever been to. It was a small outdoor wedding in a beautiful park setting, and of course I did not take enough pictures.  Mr. Nerd gets kind of embarrassed by all of my picture taking sometimes, but I'm trying to get him over that sillyness.

Here we are looking cute. It was a windy day and my hair was NOT holding up the way I wanted. So, frizz and flowers was the "look du jour".  Tres chic, non?

We both wore green, so as to avoid any pinching. What is that about anyway? Looks like it's time to google that.
So, I must now mention that this wedding was of a Renaissance theme.  That might help explain what i'm going to show you next.  I'm sure this was a very nice girl, but I did not get the opportunity to talk to her, so I cannot confirm or deny that.  See for yourself....

Why yes, those ARE her butt cheeks hanging out from her feather skirt.
So, that happened. The poor girl was having some trouble managing all of the grassy terrain in her spikey-heeled boots. She may have even fallen down once.  I may have pretended not to see it happen. Maybe.

Moving on - the wedding was very sweet and simple.  The groom was an old friend of Mr. Nerd's and I had never met the bride, so we didn't know many of the people that were there.  We still had a good time though, and managed to mix-n-mingle a bit.  This delicious green ale that the groom brewed may have had a little to do with the easy mingling.

It actually tasted a bit like Shiner. Deelish!


This wedding involved a lot of do-it-yourself special touches, which I liked VERY much.  They even made their own leather-bound guest book! Of course, I didn't get a picture, but I was thoroughly impressed.  Many of the bridal party outfits were handmade and so were the favors we took home.  Check out these cute little layered sand bottles.

Who didn't love layered sand art when they were kids? Only parents, that's who.

 So, overall - St. Patrick's Day was pretty swell. We looked pretty cute, had some delicious green brews, hung out with a bunch of awesome nerds, and went to a wedding that involved a ceremony that directly quoted "The Princess Bride".  I'd call that a mighty successful St. Patty's! And because I know you are dying to see it, here is a pic of the wedding party. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment