Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crafty Saturday!

Today has been a pretty awesome Saturday so far, if I do say so myself. Mr. Nerd and I slept in (he slept later than me, of course). In a clever ploy to lure him out of bed, I got up and cooked us a little breakfast. We had scrambled eggs with cheese, turkey bacon, cinnamon toast and a banana. It was pretty tasty. Then we spent the next hour or so watching a special on UFO's that have been reported throughout history by NASA astronauts. Delicious breakfast AND a television nerd-fest - nothing better. Mr. Nerd then proceeded to watch a special comparing the science and technology of George Lucas films with science and technology that is actually available to us today, and I kind of lost interest. Mostly because robots freak me out. Soooo, while all of that robot-ness was going on, I decided to get crafting! Full disclosure though, the note card & envelope I'll show you was not completed in one Saturday. I've been working on it for a while now, and finally finished it up today. So, on to the crafty goodness!

First up: A bookmark that I made with the help of a recycled popcorn box, some leftover scrapbook paper, modpodge, stamps, distress inks, and a little embossing magic.
Much prettier in person, I promise!



Please excuse the quality of the photos. I'm still working on taking better pictures of the things I make. I think the scraps of words on the bookmark may be from a German dictionary. I'm not sure though. I received those little bits from a swap on Swap-bot.com. If you don't know about Swap-bot, and you are interested in crafting, you should definitely check it out. Perhaps I'll do a post on it soon.

Next Up: Note Card and Matching Envelope. These are my FAVORITE things to make. I started making envelopes out of old books and maps and things with a template that I found HERE. I eventually started swapping them on Swap-bot.com and started looking for envelopes that were a size/shape that I liked, and using those for templates. Good times!

Wouldn't this be a cute Birthday card?

So, there are the results of my awesome Crafty Saturday! Now, it's on to listing some old clothes on E-bay and more ridiculous weekend t.v.! I hope you are having an awesome Saturday as well, crafty or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment