Monday, April 2, 2012

March Is Donezo!

Amazing art by Jolie Daniels.
 Another month of 2012 - already over!  This year is flying by and it seriously just goes faster the older I get.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Quite frankly, it freaks me out a bit.  My goal in April is to actually try and slow down and enjoy things a bit more.  It seems like every week I am just waiting for Monday - Thursday to hurry up and be over already so I can enjoy the weekend.  While I'm sure that there will be days that I still want to rush through, I'm going to focus on making each day as awesome as possible.

On that note, let's take a look back at March and gaze fondly on the things that were.....
  1. My BFF had her beautiful baby girl on March 5th, 2012.  You can read her whole incredible story HERE.  We were able to go and see her a week after she was born and, of course, I fell in love right away. Jolie and her hubs are pretty much kicking butt at the whole "new parent" thing and I see wonderful things in that little lady's future! So now, there is another little Pisces in the world for me to daydream with. Hooray for other people having cute babies for me to love and cuddle and buy sweet little baby clothes for!
  2. My birthday happened! I turned 31 this year and it was not nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be.  My friends at work decked out my cubicle on Friday and got me all sorts of cards and gifts and a cake. It was awesome!  I felt very loved and it was a perfect way to start my birthday weekend.  After work on Friday, we went over to my mother-in-laws house in the hill country and had an awesome and super relaxing weekend.  It mega-rained the entire way there and also the whole day on Saturday.  Luckily, rain is kind of my thing and VERY conducive to wine drinking, yummy food eating, and movie watching.  We finally watched Moneyball, which I liked very much, while Mr. Nerd thought the ending was "meh". We also saw The Big Year, starring Steve Martin, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson.  If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend it.  That is - only if you like funny, touching, movies that star talented actors doing funny, touching things. If that's not really your thing, you should probably not see it. 
  3. Once we got home from drinking vino, watching movies, meeting sweet babies, and all the other stuff in between, Mr. Nerd took me out for a most special birthday treat.  Two of my favorite things are bookstores and cupcakes; so on Monday, my actual date of birth, the Mister took me to enjoy both of those things.  Getting the cupcakes actually turned out to be quite the adventure, since the shop we had originally planned on going to was closed down.  So, three towns later, we had delicious cupcakes.  Totally worth it though. 
  4. St. Patrick's Day Wedding happened.  We just talked about that HERE. Good times! 
  5. On a not-so-awesome note, but still something that happened, I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis.  Three years ago I was diagnosed with Psoriasis and as it turns out, 30 lucky percent of those people develop arthritis as a result of the Psoriasis.  Woo hoo, 30 percent! It's OK though.  I am making adjustments in lifestyle and diet to help manage it, BUT this isn't turning into a Psoriasis blog, so if you want to know more - feel free to ask me or read about it HERE or HERE. Both of those links contain gross pictures, so if you're not ready for that, don't click those!  
On to the fun pictures!
Look at that sweet, squishy face! I miss her already! 


Hey there, Birthday Girl!
Road Trip Stormy Storm!

The light at the end of the stormy storm tunnel!
 And last, but certainly not least... Bookstores and Cupcakes!! Weeeeee!

The big FU book wasn't meant to be the star of this photo, promise.
Oh, sweet, delicious cupcakes. I want you in my life right now.
So, there it was. March in a nutshell.  A big, baby-filled, rain-showered, wine-soaked, road-tripped, book-loving, delicious cupcake-filled, psoriatic nutshell.  Now it's time to make sure that April is even more awesome! Happy Spring!

    1 comment:

    1. I would like to comment on this quality content.This is a great article loaded with unique information.Your article has sparked a lot of thought for me.donezo

      ReplyDelete