Friday, January 27, 2012

Awesome Of The Day

Have you heard of Instagram yet?  It's an awesome Iphone photo app that makes me feel like a photographer, which I most definitely am not.  Basically, you take pictures, choose one of their cool filters to use on the picture, put a caption, and post.  It is super easy and super fun.  There is a whole network of people on Instagram, sharing awesome moments of their lives through pretty pictures. Plus, it's free, so you can't beat it! Anyway, I'm relatively new to using it, so there is a ton of fun stuff I'm sure I'm not telling you, but you get the point. 

This past month, I've been participating in a January Photo a Day challenge. Each day there is a different theme or subject - open to your interpretation.  Once you post the photo, you tag it with #janphotoaday, and anyone who searches for that tag can check out your photo.  It has been pretty fun to do and I have really been made more aware of my surroundings and photo-worthy moments.  Here are some of my favorite shots so far....





Here is the rundown on what you are looking at:
  • Day 4 - Letterbox - This is the mailbox wall at our apartment complex.  Needless to say, we live in a pretty big apartment complex.  I like the perspective on this one.
  • Day 7 - Favorite - The caption on this one was "My favorite way to spend a Saturday. Crafting it up with a friend." This was a day spent making goodies for the bestie's baby shower. P.S. - the lavender rose scented bath salts came out smelling delicious! 
  • Day 12 - Close-Up - This is a close-up shot of some tasty sopapillas we had with breakfast on our way to Austin. Yum! If you aren't sure what sopapillas are, you should definitely look into that!
  • Day 21 - Reflection - This one is pretty self-explanatory, yet still awesome. It's me times infinity!

There is a February challenge that has already been posted, and I'm thinking I just might participate again.  I've had tons o' fun with this app, and if you get a chance, you should definitely check it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment