Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals

I hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year!! We spent a quiet night at home and had some champagne at midnight. We had a traditional New Year's day dinner with some pork chops, coleslaw, and black eyed peas.  A friend joined us for dinner and she brought her 1 month old baby girl. She was so small and sweet! It was quite a change from our usual New Year's celebrations, but still very enjoyable. I had a chance to sit down and write out some of my goals for this year. These aren't big goals, but I think that the list will probably grow as the year progresses and one exciting "BIG GOAL" will probably surface at some point.  I'm all about baby steps.  So, without further ado, THE LIST.....

1. Learn to crochet
2. Write in my journal daily
3. Write more thank you notes and letters
4. Volunteer at least once per quarter
5. Read at least 4 books ( I used to read all of the time, but I just haven't been making time for it lately.)
6. Make a lasagna from scratch
7. Go to at least one concert (another thing I used to do quite often and haven't made time for)
8. Organize my closet and the linen closet (I'm dreading this one)
9. Juice at least once a week
10. Get a massage
11. Send someone flowers on their birthday (I love getting flowers, so I'm going to share the joy!)
12. Take some sort of class

There are a few more goals of a more personal nature, but I thought these would be fun to share and document here.  I'm really looking forward to this year and making it as awesome as possible. I hope that you are on your way to having an awesome year too! Happy 2012!  

No comments:

Post a Comment